Saturday 19 May 2012

Last weeks trip to the mountains!

For some reason I must be stuck in a time sink; I have no idea why the video is labelled 14/05, when that was actually a monday... :\ so it must've been the 12th. No idea why my dodgy calendar has been mixing that up.

In any case, last saturday we went out to the mountains for a straight-up amazing experience. We went to Dam cliffs, and even though many seasoned climbers have told me that it's a fairly dangerous noob-area, I had a bucket of fun.

We made a video on youtube which you guys can check out here - but otherwise, a rough summary of the day goes something like this......





8am left syd, driving on L's, got two apple pies, drove into a ditch, got pulled out by a winch (amazing), got wet feet :(, fell into a river, then climbed some amazing climbs.

The ones we did were:

  • A Tale of Two Cities (18)
  • Sisters of Fatima (16)
  • Envirodandal (19)
I also gotta say that it's pretty scary watching the lead climber go up. 

On the agenda for things to do include learning how to do the anchoring. I also went lead climbing this last week but I haven't finished the course yet - and a writeup will go up in due course! 

See you soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment