Wednesday 30 May 2012

Small achievements

I remember the first few times I went rock climbing, or for that matter the first few times I actually knew what I was doing, and seeing the best climbers in the gym beasting out the highest level climbs. Actually - more specifically I remember seeing them holding onto these tiny little pieces and thinking "how the hell is that even possible?!?"

Well last night, after about a year and a half of climbing, I reckon I've reached the stage where I actually think "shit that's a pretty friendly hold!!!" - which just makes me laugh!!! What seemed to be so horrible before now seems like an essential part of the puzzle, and more often than not, it is!

It's just really pleasing to get to this stage; yet I can't help but feel the same way for a lot of other pieces in general. Slopers confuse the crap out of me (my friend can happily use the 35 degree Slopers on the beast maker and do frenchies on them, yet I have no idea how he does it) - I'm struggling with the 25 degree ones, and there's still a lot of footwork that confuses me. Nonetheless it's good to be where I'm at and climbing is going nowhere but up on my life enthusiastic list :)

No comments:

Post a Comment