Monday 4 June 2012

Sloper Training

So I decided to start training with slopers since I jarred my finger the other day by punching a hold.... yes... that's a good story....

Anyway, my university has pretty neat-o bouldering walls and I quite enjoy the holds on them - they're pretty difficult problems in general and the yellows seem to be pretty tough - I have a tough time doing any of them (having said that I'm not super great anyway). 

So since it hurt a little bit to crimp, I decided that my project when I'm bouldering at uni would be this sloper puzzle I decided to just junk together myself. The green climb (all slopers) only has four or five moves, but it's too difficult; and the red is out of my reach, so I thought if I combined a few of the moves on these climbs it'd be pretty awesome. Videos to come soon.

Anyway - two photos; the original photo of the bouldering wall, and another one which I drew my route out :D I should've probably added that I'm trying to use only the footholds of that colour but it's outright impossible, and the videos will show that I'm already pretty pumped by the time I got round to it. Also a small note, the wall's inclined by about 10 degrees so it's not the easiest thing in the world.

Loads of fun nonetheless.

Original Photo of the Bouldering Wall

Route added on this one; start L on green, R on the orange next to it. L goes to the yellow, both hands on yellow, push feet up and then attempt to get onto next orange, then the one above.

Yeah baby <3 hahahaha I obviously suck at them, and I hope to get better at this before they modify the wall.


No comments:

Post a Comment