Thursday 1 November 2012

Climbing Training: Tues-Thurs

All things considered it's not going too badly, been absolutely exhausted on some days so I've been sleeping a bit more. I figure it probably has something to do with not really been that motivated to study and just waiting for the end of the year to roll around so that I can have some free time to actually get out and do some outdoor.

Tuesday:

  • Basically got some light climbing done; I didn't end up doing any cardio/bike on tuesday although I have to say that the diet's gotten a whole lot better, which is encouraging :) I'm very much looking forward to seeing if there's any more of a substantial improvement with the eating habits that I've been picking up; but I'm still opting in to binge at least once a week just in case I'm not having enough throughout the week and need that little bit more.
  • Also tried the lead again at St. L and couldn't get through the roof; I'm far too pumped by the time I get there. Having said that though, I'm powering through the middle section without much difficulty so there's been a vast improvement in terms of the climbing strength there, which is really encouraging.
Wednesday: I think wednesday was probably the most difficult day of my life because it was a complete rest day. I took the entire day off and didn't do anything, save a touch of core work. But I put a whole bunch of stuff up on the website and put some things on as to the direction in which I want to head with it, so that's been pretty useful.

Thursday: Huge day.
  • 6am: Got up and had a trip to Narrabeen; we were limited by time constraints but managed to get through a couple of walls, including Into the Void (19) - that was a very interesting climb. Had a bit of a rough fall on Iron Chef (23) nearby where I scratched up my hand on the biner. That sucked. I'm just not understanding the grade 23 moves I think; it's also a bit weird falling on slabs because there's stuff you can hit on the way down as opposed to slightly overhanging... 
  • Rode bike to uni; it's getting to the point where I'm finding it easy to ride now :D
  • Bike back to the gym. Total for the day came to about 36km (I took a longer route to uni).
  • Insane Cardio Session in the evening. My brother and a guy from the gym want to work on our overall cardio fitness so we chucked together a circuit - mainly runs with bodyweight training in between - and junked through that for about an hour and a half. It was pretty tough but I'm feeling really good now, so it must've been good for me. Definitely feeling a lot of the burn in the evening but honestly I feel like I could still get through a bit of a workout today. 
Might go climbing at St. P today; although if I don't get onto that, then I'll likely just take the day off.

Oh - and bike shoes came today! Awesome :D

No comments:

Post a Comment