Monday 15 October 2012

Phegan's Bay and an interesting last few days..

Hey guys,

A pretty interesting last couple of days - got some training done. Mainly was a lot of fingerboard stuff, just working on been able to use the 35 deg. slopers and the pockets. Practiced a lot of clipping the other day but just really recovering from the sprained ankle - which is coming along pretty nicely. I got a few runs (actually ran my fastest km ever) which was awesome, and did some stuff on the erg as well.

On Sunday I got out to Phegans Bay with Dom and Justin; but it really wasn't great. We had some rope issues (refer to the picture for details) with some miscommunication, which took up a whole bunch of time, and the climbing just wasn't great; the routes were pretty short and I think that generally just took a lot out of the day. Personally I'm pretty sure it was the fact that I couldn't lead and we had no idea where we were/which climbs we were going up on, but it really took away from the day. That was also probably combined with the fact that the entire area was pretty quiet; it didn't look like it had a whole bunch of traffic going through it (LOTS of spiders....), and a lot of the holds were glued on.

All in all - not the greatest trip. Considering I only did roughly half an hour of climbing, my fingertips got absolutely trashed.

Today - got 40km out on the bike with the ride to uni and back, and completely forgot about the trashed fingertips, so I went back to the gym... only to remember that it was too painful to boulder anything difficult about twenty minutes in. But I got some core work in (still working on those tuck front levers), which is good. That'll be sore tomorrow.

Probably taking the day off tomorrow, I got a wine and cheese night which should be fun (and perhaps messy). I'll get some training done on wednesday (probably negatives and chest, with some fingerboard) depending on how the hands feel.

Lemming, out.
An awesome view from the top of the crag, which made us think the day of climbing was going to be awesome...
Rope woes... Don't miscommunicate!!!
Trashed fingertips.. Hopefully healing soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment