Tuesday 9 October 2012

Working around Injury

Yeh so there was no way I was about to just sit around for the next week and a half not really doing anything, and the ankle really isn't feeling that bad (RICER really does wonders), so I did some fingerboard last night. Pretty upset at how much strength I've lost with only a week off, but really glad to be back on the fingerboard.

Basically did warmup and fiddled around on a bunch of holds, and did a pair of frenchies as well on the 25 deg. slopers. There was a lot of sustained work on rebuilding stamina as well with a primary focus to be able to use the 35 deg. sloper with feet loaded.

I also did some work with the bands that I've set up - I'll post a photo of the training area that I have on the site later this week; it's simple but remarkably effective. I'm trying to do a lot of exercise now by removing all sort of leverage - many of the principles are just from witnessing how incredibly strong a lot of the climbers are with their isolation, so I'm trying to emulate that in my training.

There's also a fantastic article which I'm trying out half the exercises - it's called "How to build an olympic body through bodyweight conditioning". I've known this article for about 5-6 years now but never really worked on anything in it, and I plan to work towards been able to do a tuck front lever by the end of the year.

Goals for the end of the year:
* 35 degree sloper unassisted, set of frenchies.
* Tuck front lever for 40 seconds by the end of the year
* Forward planche w/o assistance of the arms for bodyweight.
* Lowest row of fingerboard.

If I can't reach those goals by the end of the year - no worries; I'll extend them out to the end of summer. But that's what I'm focusing on!

Keep training - get strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment